Monday, September 13, 2010

Sometimes, Words Are The Worst Weapon

Posted this up on FB some time back. It has been edited and expanded.

---
Sometimes, Words Are The Worst Weapon

They
Dropped so easily from your mouth.
I promise.
Without realising the
Enormity of what you said.
Trust me.
Did you even
Stop
To think about what you were saying?
I love you.

And, fool that I was
I believed.

Sweet talk and reassurances
Carelessly uttered promises.
You caught so many hearts
With that same net and so easily
Smashed them all
With lies and secrets and
Broken vows.

And even afterwards
You continued using them
As your weapon.

It was her fault.
Poisonous things spat
Behind my back.
Sometimes I wonder
Did you mean for me to hear it all?
Insecure bitch.

You
Have scarred me
As surely and deeply
If you had taken a shiny knife.

But even then
You're too much a coward
To actually dirty your hands, aren't you?
Of course. That's why you use words.

Or maybe it's because you know they hurt
More than any knife wound ever could.


End.

---

No one wants broken things.

No comments:

Post a Comment