Saturday, September 11, 2010

Insecurities

Insecurities

Each day, he finds a new way
To tell her that he loves her.
A pretty trinket. A scarlet blossom.
A poem written with feverish scribbles.
I would walk through fire for you.
Tried, cliché lines. But somehow
He makes them all new. Maybe
Because he means every word of it.

He tells her a thousand honeyed truths
But he doesn't ever tell her that
He thinks she's beautiful. He's afraid
She'll realise just how much he
Doesn't deserve her. But he wants her.
A lovely bird whose wings he clips.
His precious jewel in his greedy
Fearful hands, unwilling to let go.

So he's always there for her.
Cheers her on when she needs him to
Reassures her when she cries.
Makes her think she needs him
More than he needs her. When really
It's the opposite that is true.
It's so funny it's painful.
And it's so painful it's hilarious.

What he doesn't know though
Is that she would never leave.


End.

---


I have no idea what inspired this. I think the mist that was hanging in the sky when I was walking out of school. It made me feel like I was looking through a veil. Made the whole world seem artificial, yet romantic at the same time. Like reading a book about the world, or watching a play, where the streets are clean and people can burst into song and dance routines at the drop of a hat. Where anything could happen.

Wanted to go back into my old style of writing - AABB rhyming scheme. But I didn't have the words to fit it. And the mood would be completely different if I had done it.

And erm. I don't think such guys exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment